Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bacon, Leek and Shallot Pie (with store bought pie to make it simple)


In my earlier post, I told you how much I'm into Leek these days. What I have not mentioned is that I love all the onions family! Shallot particularly is my favourite! It has a strong but delightful taste and smell, that I just love! I even told my husband that if I ever going to have children, I will name my little girl.... Shallot! Well, it's a pretty name, don't you think?
Anyway, again I 'm combining my favourites into one dish. Again, with pie you can add whatever you like, so you can change the filling if you don't like what I have here. And with store bought pie shell, this recipe is just super easy!

Ingredients
1 store bought pie shells
small shallots, cut in half
1 leek, chopped, white and light green part only (do not use the green leaves, it's hard!)
5 slices bacon, chopped
3 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup whipping cream
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add egg, egg yolk and cream to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
Add leek, shallots, bacon and thyme to the pie shell.
Pour egg mixture over the leek and shallots. Bake the pie, for about 30 minutes.

Super easy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment