Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Indonesian Food Fiesta!


I am missing my Indonesian food! The good part is, I can find all ingredients that I needed here; so last sunday, we invited a couple of friends over for dinner. I wanted to make nasi tumpeng, which is yellow rice shaped in a tall triangle cone; but since I couldn't find a tall triangle cone here, I shaped the yellow rice using a funnel! It was my husband's idea! And he's brilliant!
So, the first photo is balado kentang, telur puyuh & Udang (translation: potatoes, quail eggs and shrimp in balado chilli sauce), and the second photo is how the plates look like. I decorated the plate a bit with pandan leave then the yellow rice standing tall and proud in the middle, surrounded by all the yummy companions:  Sliced omellette; Chicken in Balinese sauce; Tempe cooked with sweet soy sauce; Potatoes, Quail Eggs and Shrimps in Balado Sauce; and some sliced cucumber to ease the heat.
It's SO delicious! HAPPY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment