Monday, January 7, 2013

Crispy Waffle


I am a waffle girl!!!!I don't like pancake because of the soft texture. Anyway, my wonderful step daughter sent us an Amazon gift card for Christmas and we decided on getting waffle iron.


Now, I am conservative when it comes to waffle. I think the topping should be on top of the waffle, not in it.So if you are like me, then here is the recipe for Crispy Waffle.


Ingredients

2 cups of all purpose flour

1 tsp salt

4 tsp baking powder

2 tbsp white sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups warm milk

1/3 cup of butter, melted

1 tsp vanilla extract


Preparations
In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
As for toppings, you can whipped some cream (35%) and sprinkle with grated dark chocolate on top of it; blue berries, raspberries, maple syrup, are just some of the ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment